Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sour cream, chopped fresh tomatoes and/or shredded cheese and lettuce for garnish, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place pastry shells on a baking sheet. Divide filling; spoon half of filling on one half of each pastry, spreading to within 1 in. of edges. Fold other half of pastry over filling and press edges to seal. Beat egg yolk with water; brush over pastries.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges to serve. Garnish with sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and/or lettuce if desired.
Oct 26, 2012
This was surprisingly good! It seemed so simple that I was a bit skeptical, but my whole family loved it! It would definitely make again!
Nov 19, 2011
Excellent, easy to make but on the dry side for hubby, so handed him the bottle of salsa and he gave it a... 4! :)
Oct 9, 2009
I have made this recipe many times over the years. Love this recipe, it's delicious, filling and most important easy!
Mar 29, 2009
Very close to what I make only I use a biscuit cutter that way each serving is a pocket
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.