Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the flour and lemon zest. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 17-1/2x12-1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam onto each square. Brush edges with water; fold pastry over filling, forming a triangle. Seal edges well with a fork.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 89 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2018
I know this isn't a review, but does anyone know how long these last for after they are made?
Jul 1, 2017
These delicious empinadas are a nice addition to amy Christmas cookie tray!! We love them!!
May 14, 2011
My daughter found this recipe and made these with a friend today. They are very tasty and everyone in the family enjoyed them. She made half with raspberry jam, and half with peach jam. Both were delicious!