Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the flour and lemon peel. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 17-1/2x12-1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam onto each square. Brush edges with water; fold pastry over filling, forming a triangle. Seal edges well with a fork.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 89 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
These delicious empinadas are a nice addition to amy Christmas cookie tray!! We love them!!
May 14, 2011
My daughter found this recipe and made these with a friend today. They are very tasty and everyone in the family enjoyed them. She made half with raspberry jam, and half with peach jam. Both were delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.