Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve minestrone soup
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 5, 2013
Hubby and I both liked.
Oct 26, 2011
Fast to make with excellent flavor. Wonderful to come home to this, thanks to the slow cooker.
Nov 9, 2010
This is one of my favorite soups. I always take it to potlucks at work and it gets cleaned up every time. Very simple & inexpensive to make. I like to stock up on the cans when they go on sale & then just buy the hamburger later. Easy to double or triple as well, and it seems a great meal on a cold winter day.
Nov 18, 2009
this recipe is great. i added a can of mixed veggies: corn, carrots and green beans. I also cooked this on my stove top instead of using a slow cooker and it worked just fine! i also added half a can of beef broth and a pinch of beef bullion for a bit more flavor and broth.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.