Minestrone Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 25, 2015
Simple and very tasty! I have used different colored peppers, red onions instead of green, added green olives with the black - it is good with whatever you have on hand!
Feb 8, 2012
Yum! I've made this several times. Instead I double the olives, red peppers or half red and half green, and use fresh shredded Parmesan, and fresh seeded tomatoes. I've used different dressings, too. Love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.