Garden Minestrone Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook the carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the broth, V8 juice, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, green beans, macaroni and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Cook 5 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 166 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 21, 2015
Just made this for my family, Added can tomato soup instead of v-8 works for me....Also added Pinto beans instead of Garbanzo, just didn't seem to fit...Pinto fit better, half can chopped tomatoes, not whole can...don't really like can tomato,....turned out great....I served it with toasted Fresh Baked Jalapeno Focaccia Bread. GREAT FOR THE FIRST SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS HERE IN CHICAGO TODAY....LOL...
Dec 18, 2011
Delicious! I received several requests for the recipe and was also asked to bring it to our next family get together.
Jun 23, 2009
Very savory!! I added sliced mushrooms and chopped celery to mine. I added more vegetable broth and about 1/4 cup more of V8 to account the addition above. I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used dried. Also, next time I will cook the veggies longer than 7 minutes, I don't feel that was enough time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.