Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
Makes12 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in spinach and the peas and carrots; cook 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 125 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 20, 2018
Really, really NOT good. Easy to make but I could only stomach half a bowl and my husband refused to eat it after a few bites.
Sep 30, 2017
Loved this - will make it again and again.
Mar 1, 2017
add one cup cooked macaroni and shredded cabbage. top with parmasean cheese.
Oct 22, 2015
It was easy but we didn't care for the flavor
Feb 2, 2015
I have been making this recipe for years. It's our favorite soup. Sometimes I substitute quick cooking barley for the potatoes. It's delicious both ways!
Jan 12, 2015
This soup is fantastic! Even my veggie-phobic fiance enjoyed it! I had a bag of fresh Idaho potatoes on hand so I peeled and diced three small ones into hash brown sized cubes; they cooked nicely during the 8 hours in the crock pot. I also used fresh baby carrots cut into small pieces and let them cook for the whole 8 hours. They cooked very well, too! This recipe is a keeper!
Jan 5, 2015
I cut the recipe in half as since our household now consists of only two. Made more than 6 servings as we had roast chicken sandwiches also. It was great. My husband is sweetly tolerant of some of the recipes I try. However, "This soup is a keeper" is a great recommendation from him - me too!
Feb 28, 2012
This soup was great! It smelled wonderful simmering all day, and was easy to put together. I mashed half of the garbanzo beans as suggested and my whole family loved it. I served it with dinner rolls. It was a very tasty, filling soup.