Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 small red potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 center-cut bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- With the bottom of a glass, flatten potatoes to 1/2-in. thickness. In the same skillet coated with cooking spray, cook potatoes in dressing over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn potatoes; sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 potatoes (calculated without sour cream): 224 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 11, 2012
I LOVE these! Knowing that they are somewhat healthy also helps.
Apr 2, 2011
I give it a fair star rating because the Italian dressing kind of ruined the taste. It was sour tasting. The next time I will fry them in olive oil and butter.
Jan 24, 2010
These are quick and easy to make. I have prepared them twice and everyone loves them!