It's up to you how to enjoy this cocktail—eat it with a spoon as a chilled soup, or use tortilla chips or crackers for scooping. —Erin Moreno, Arcadia, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (12-1/2 ounces) mandarin natural flavor soda
- 1-1/2 cups Clamato juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (100-150 per pound)
- 2 avocados, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in soda, Clamato juice, lime juice and ketchup. Add shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add avocados. Serve with a slotted spoon and tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mexican Shrimp Cocktail in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p7
Reviews forMexican Shrimp Cocktail
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2017
"Authentic and fresh tasting. My husband has a critical palate for Mexican food and he gave this shrimp cocktail recipe a thumbs up."