- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut three 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- Combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf; place in center of strips in slow cooker. Cook, covered, until a thermometer reads at least 160°, 5-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over meat loaf. Cook until heated through, about 15 minutes longer. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMelt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf
"It's OK. easy and really moist but pretty bland. The topping should have gone in the meatloaf and on top to give it more flavor. I cooked mine in the oven."
"You failed to say what setting on the slow cooker to cook the meatloaf on."
"I agree with others - this is the best meatloaf I’ve ever had, and I’m VERY particular. I drained the fat once during cooking, and again at the end when it rests. I feel it’s important to note: The sauce is an important part of the whole. I will definitely make this again!"
"We loved this meatloaf. My husband usually won't eat meatloaf because he hates peppers and onions. This one was so flavorful that the whole family loved it including my 4 year old. I made it in the crockpot and I wish there was a way I could have drained the meat and eliminated the fat/grease. Would've been great if there was a way to elevate the meat in the crockpot so fat dripped down. Next time I might try in a meatloaf pan in the oven that allows grease to drip out. I also don't think this would have served 6 people. I would say this maybe would serve 3-4 adults max. We will definitely make this again."
"This had very little flavor. More like a plain hamburger. Not the best recipe for this site."
"At 70 years of age this was the best meatloaf I have ever cooked. I did add some ingredients. I left out the dried minced onion and aded about 1/4 to 1/2 cup cup each of minced fresh onion and green bell pepper. I also added a minced fresh garlic pod and 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Instead of regular bread crumbs I use seasoned dressing. After reading the reviews I too decided to cook my meatloaf in a convection oven for 1 hour. The topping was so delicious I made a double batch for the table and for leftovers. This was even better the second day. My boyfriend is 74 and by far this was the best he has ever eaten."
"I am always searching for the "perfect" meatloaf and now I have found it. Made this for dinner the other night and my hubbie loved it, as did I. He said that it is his favorite of all the recipes I have tried through the years. I stayed with the ingredients however, I didn't use the crockpot but instead cooked it at 350 in my convection oven for about an hour. I especially liked the fact that it did not fall apart. Definitely a keeper for us and has been filed away in "My Favorites"."
"I have been looking for a recipe for meatloaf for 50 years. That's how long we have been married and this is the best meatloaf we have ever tasted. And we have tried every recipe and restaurant around. I highly recommend it . The only thing I did different was not add mushrooms and used a regular onion grated. It was delicious."
"Was soo good -my husband and thought it was the best meatloaf we've had-just make sure you set it on low -I made that mistake the first time-my stupid crockpot has 4,6,8,10timer-I guess I was a little stupid myself for not putting it on low for 5-6 hrs."