Meat Loaf Potato Surprise
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, broth, egg and seasonings; let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well.
- On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 10-in. square. Combine hash browns, cheese, parsley and onion salt; spoon over meat.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, removing waxed paper as you roll. Pinch edges and ends to seal; place with seam side down in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Combine the first three sauce ingredients; spoon over loaf. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 249 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 4, 2018
Dear meatloaf connoisseurs, If you decide to make this putrid dish, beware. What they don't tell you is that the author of this page wishes to bleach your taste-buds with HOT GARBAGE. This is the most repulsive excuse for a dish I have ever made. I have munched booties that smelled less like ass. Save your time/money and buy instant rice. At least then you'll know you aren't eating something biologically engineered to screw your poops up. On the plus side, I will never have to deal with this site again as I plan on have leftovers tonight (which will inevitably result in an end to my life) Regards, Kevin Rupert Monopoly
Jul 10, 2017
This meat loaf is moist and flavorful with the potatoes tucked in the center!
Aug 13, 2015
One of my family's favorites!