Marinated Tenderloin Fondue
When I was a kid in the 1970's, Mom made fondue a lot. She served this meaty version every New Year's Day. Now I carry on that fun tradition with my own family.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound each pork and beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into two large resealable plastic bags; add pork to one bag and beef to the other. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until pork juices run clear and beef reaches desired doneness.
Originally published as Marinated Tenderloin Fondue in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips