Marinated Beef Fondue
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 to 9 cups peanut or canola oil
- In a 1-cup measure, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Divide mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add beef to one bag; add pork to the second bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the horseradish sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, steak sauce and brown sugar. Cover and refrigerate sauces until serving.
- Drain meat and discard marinade. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Using one fondue pot for every six people, heat 2-3 cups oil in each pot to 375°. With fondue forks, cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauces.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 361 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2019
My husband made this for me and a friend of ours one night for dinner; it was a hit! We have now been using this recipe for over 18 years and its still just as good as ever. I do recommend making the dipping sauces, they really complement the meat.