Beef Fondue with Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce
Fondue is fun, but for me, the accompanying sauces are what make them even more delicious. This creamy, zippy sauce enhances the flavor of beef.—Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes6 servings (about 1 cup sauce)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice and mustard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauce.
To make ahead: Prepare sauce the day before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 47g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Sauce for Beef Fondue in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.