- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except pork. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat and cool completely. Pour 1 cup sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. Transfer pork to a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Pork Loin Roast
"This is a great recipe. full of flavor and it was very tender. I marinated it for 24 hours and cooked it four hours. The last two were only at 250 F. I did not have maple syrup so I subbed honey. Everyone thought it was the best ever. I had a 4 1/2 pound roast and 6 people cleaned it up. I bought a half of a pork roast FOR 1.89/LB WITH VERY LITTLE FAT! A Very cheap and tasty meal, cheaper than Hamburg and still lean."