- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, red pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and return to the pan. in a small bowl, combine the flour, half-and-half, milk, wine or chicken broth, cheese, salt, pepper and paprika until blended. Add to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
"Sounds good but very confusing recipe. Do you use all of the 1 C. FF Half & Half, 1 C. Milk, Wine and chicken broth or do you choose one of these to use? The way it is worded it sounds like you are to pick one of these. Maybe that is why some say it was too thin because they used all of these ingredients."
"This was just ok. I asked my husband if it was a keeper and we both shook our heads no."
"I also added garden fresh chopped tomatoes."
"Great recipe, has a really rich creamy sauce, very filling and won't ruin my diet!"
"Made with one can of drained diced tomatoes (with onion and celery) instead of red pepper. Used rice wine instead of chicken broth. Was amazing!"
"I make this all the time with gluten-free pasta and corn starch to thicken. So good!"
"Very good, but I thought the sauce was a little thin. Next time I'll tinker with that part."
"This was scrumptious!! I used regular Italian Sausages instead of turkey, and I preferred the wine option. Absolutely delicious!"
"So good! One I will be making again for sure! Thanks!"