- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forLemon Garlic Chicken
"This was good. Herbs were a little strong. Thats why 4 stars. I would make again."
"Loved this chicken! Simple to make. I actually used chicken strips as that's what I had in the fridge and they worked just fine. The garlic was mild and sweet, and the lemon flavor was fresh and delicious. I will be making this again soon. Oh, I also served it with buttered egg noodles with lemon zest, and roasted asparagus. Great meal!"
"This was excellent. My daughter, who rarely asks for seconds of my cooking, actually went back for a second helping, and even said, "This is really good, mom.""
"Excellent. Definitely will make this again."
"This was really good!!! My husband was saying "mmm" after every bite and told me that this one is a keeper. The chicken came out tender and flavorful."
"Delicious and moist! Love the flavor. Wouldn't have thought I would ever eat whole garlic cloves, but they were delicious as well!"
"Awesome chichen! I will remake it in 2 weeks. The best garlic chicken I have eaten so far."
"This was a great recipe, it came together quickly. However, my gravy turned out really thick following these directions, I added extra wine and broth, it turned out good and tasted good, very moist, will make again would impress guests."