Lemon Blackberry Tortilla French Toast
These no-fuss poppy seed crepes are perfect with a creamy lemon filling and juicy blackberries. Think of them as a cross between thin French toast, light crepes and crispy quesadillas. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons lemon curd, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 3 tablespoons lemon curd, lemon zest and extract until fluffy. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream and remaining lemon curd until blended; stir in poppy seeds. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of tortilla in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place in skillet; toast until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining tortillas, greasing pan as needed.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each tortilla to within 1/4 in. of edges. Fold tortillas in half over filling. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine blackberries and spreadable fruit; microwave, covered, at 50% power until warmed, 2-3 minutes, stirring once. Serve with tortillas and, if desired, additional lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts1 filled tortilla: 445 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as No Fuss Poppyseed Lemon Blackberry Crepes in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.