Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
If you’re looking for a gourmet grilled cheese recipe, your search is over. With five kinds of cheese and fresh blackberries, this sandwich is impressive enough to serve to guests.—Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. In another bowl, mix together remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mayonnaise, Manchego cheese and onion powder.
- To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over brie; add blackberries. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Spread the butter-mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 674 calories, 50g fat (27g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as The Best Ever Grilled Cheese Sandwich in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.