Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
If you’re looking for a gourmet grilled cheese recipe, your search is over. With five kinds of cheese and fresh blackberries, this sandwich is impressive enough to serve to guests.—Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced, rind removed
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Spread half the butter over one side of bread slices. In a large skillet, toast bread, buttered side down, over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere cheeses. In another bowl, combine Manchego cheese, mayonnaise, remaining 3 tablespoons butter and onion powder.
- On four slices of toast, layer Brie cheese, cheddar cheese mixture and blackberries. Top with remaining slices, toasted side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayonnaise mixture. Toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 674 calories, 50g fat (27g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as The Best Ever Grilled Cheese Sandwich in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.