Raspberry Grilled Cheese
My favorite appetizer is a raspberry-glazed cheese ball, so I used similar ingredients to dress up a plain grilled cheese sandwich. The quick combination was unique but delicious, and it became a popular request in my house.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 slices Muenster or baby Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread preserves over bread slices; top with the pecans, onion and cheese. Top with remaining bread; butter outsides of bread. Toast on a hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 637 calories, 41g fat (22g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Grilled Cheese in Quick Cooking September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.