- 6 medium leeks (white and pale green portion only)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut leeks lengthwise in half; cut halves crosswise into 3-in. pieces. Place cream, salt, pepper and leeks in an ovenproof large skillet; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden and leeks are tender, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLeeks Au Gratin
"Very good and simple to make. We actually liked it better the next day as the "custard" part was a bit thicker. It's a nice and different side dish."