Cabbage Au Gratin
I think this recipe is the perfect example of "Mom's Sunday Best". It was a favorite with me and my 10 brothers and sisters. We thought Mom was the world's best cook and she always outdid herself on Sundays!— Linda Funderburke, Brockport, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large covered saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, blend soup and milk; heat well. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over cabbage. Saute bread crumbs in butter until golden; sprinkle over cabbage. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until hot.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 111 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cabbage Au Gratin in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.