- 10 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Brush corn with oil. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and pepper flakes. In a 2-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of each of the following: corn, tomatoes, onion and basil. Repeat layers twice. Pour dressing over top; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLayered Grilled Corn Salad
"I didn't grill the corn, just cooked my usual way--start in cold water and bring to a boil for a minute or so and it's done. Don't over cook. I took the seeds out of the fresh tomatoes from my garden and used a couple extra. Chopped the onion and used more fresh basil than called for. Used Good Seasons Italian dressing. It's a wonderful salad and I will make again and again when corn and tomatoes are fresh from the garden. Family thought it was great."
"Wonderful salad! Perfect when your garden is flourishing with tomatoes. I browned the frozen corn in the skillet instead of grilling fresh corn for ease and that worked great. I will be repeating this recipe again. Thanks for sharing."