Layered Curried Cheese Spread
Pretty and tasty, this layered dips has become my signature appetizer. We make this for almost every party and family occasion we attend.—Melody Kieffer, Kirkland, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 jar (9 ounces) mango chutney
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Assorted crackers
- Place the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and curry powder in a small food processor; cover and pulse until blended.
- Spread onto a 10-in. round serving platter. Spoon chutney over top; sprinkle with coconut, pecans, green onions and dried currants. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without crackers): 155 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Indian Inspired Appetizer Dip in Summer Appetizers Recipe Cards 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.