Curried Crab Spread
At holiday time, I always have cream cheese and crabmeat on hand. In case of drop-ins, mix up an easy spread by adding mango chutney and spices. —Jennifer Phillips, Goffstown, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce, optional
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or chives
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, curry powder, salt and, if desired, chili sauce; gently fold in crab. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer bread crumbs to a shallow bowl.
- Unwrap disk and press all sides into bread crumbs; place on a serving plate. Spoon chutney over top; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without crackers): 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Curried Crab with Chutney in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.