Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup finely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Celery leaves
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until blended. stir in the olives, onions, pimientos and taco seasoning. On a serving plate, shape mixture into a carrot shape; press crushed nacho chips onto entire surface. Place celery leaves at top of carrot. Serve with crackers.
Apr 21, 2014
Winner , Winner. Every base is covered with this recipe. From start to finish it deserves the 5 star rating. Only thing I used was Scoops instead of the tortilla chips as that is what I had on hand. I used some plastic wrap as a guide for shaping the carrot and what a nice finishing touch the celery top added. Fantastic taste and presentation. I served ours with Triscuits original crackers. Very good job on this one.Janie
Apr 5, 2010
The carrot shape is just adorable - quite a conversation piece - and it was DELICIOUS! It makes a big carrot so it feeds a crowd. And the best part? Very simple to make. I mixed everything but the crushed chips the day before Easter, and shaped the carrot and rolled it in the crumbs about 4 hours before serving. I received many compliments. It looked just like the picture. Perfect for Easter, and to welcome Spring.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.