Cheese Spread Dice
You'll shake up your buffet table in an appetizing way with this delectable cracker spread. The novel cube of seasoned cream cheese is easily spotted with ripe olives.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 8 medium pitted ripe olives
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat two packages of cream cheese, shredded cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and parsley until blended. Press into a plastic wrap-line 8x4-in. loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cream cheese mixture from pan; cut in half widthwise. Stack one on top of the other on a serving plate. In a small bowl, beat milk and remaining cream cheese until smooth. Spread over cube. Cut olives in half; arrange on top and sides of dice. Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Cheese Spread Dice in Quick Cooking January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.