Brandied Blue Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients until blended. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers.
Dec 28, 2015
Wow! This recipe is even better than it sounds. I made it for my family Christmas tree trimming get-together and everyone (even my most persnickety aunt) thought it was absolutely fabulous. So cheesy, salty, and crunchy all at the same time, and that touch of brandy just sent it over the moon. It was so good that I've been asked to bring it to my sister's New Year's Day party -- and a double batch to boot. This one is definitely going into the family recipe book. It's 5 stars all the way!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.