Herbs and melted cheese dress up fillets in this recipe recommended by Cathy Lueschen from Columbus, Nebraska. "When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the recipe I turn to," she relates.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place walleye in a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, parsley, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper; pour over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.