Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 45 to 50)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds walleye fillets
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedge and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg; add honey. In a shallow dish, combine crackers and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in cracker mixture; turn until coated.
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes on each side. If desired, top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked fish: 389 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2018
This recipe has delicious flavor and a crispy crust. This breading also tastes great with skinless chicken breasts.
Oct 2, 2017
This receipe is a keeper.... I've used it twice and am extremely happy with the results!
Oct 2, 2017
Turned out great, thanks!
Mar 11, 2011
Made this recipe when my kids were home from CO. I was very disappointed and won't make it again.