Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Canola oil
- Additional honey
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and honey. In another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, salt and pepper. Dip fillets into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Drizzle with honey.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
Jan 30, 2017
This recipe has become a family favorite. It's the only one I use when fresh pickerel is on the menu. Everyone who tries it, even the skeptics who believe they have the best walleye recipe, admit it's truly delicious.
Mar 12, 2014
Oct 11, 2011
I've been using this recipe for years. Excellent. People who "won't touch fish" love it.
Sep 8, 2009
I've been using this recipe for many years now. We catch a lot of crappie in the south and it's wonderful with this recipe. Also have tried using other types of fish and it's always a hit!
Jun 25, 2009
My grandma used to fry walleye and northern pike with a very similar recipe. Yummy! Brings back fond memories of going to the cabin & fishing each summer.
Jun 23, 2009
Whole family loved it!!!!!!!!!