Baked Walleye with Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 walleye fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder; stir in lemon juice. Cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top each fillet with about 1/4 cup onion mixture. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 3, 2014
This Recipe was wonderful! Quick easy and full of flavor! Can't wait to fix it again!
Mar 22, 2010
I was looking for an alternative to breaded, fried~in~butter walleye!! This certainly is NOT an option!! Obviously, the temp. was too high! I checked it at 15 minutes. The edges of the fish and the veggie were 'almost crispy', while the center of the fish was still underdone!! Not a pleasing presentation to serve dinner guests! I thought 'Taste of Home' actually made the recipes and tasted them before they printed and 'raved' about them!! I guess not!!