Lemon Dill Walleye
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds walleye, cod, halibut or orange roughy fillets
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes. Add milk; stir in lemons and pepper. Top with fillets. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid, reserving lemons, onion and dill; serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 116 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 25, 2013
My husband is a batter loving fish guy. I tried this and he was hooked! Very impressed and with boiled new potatoes it was delish!
Jul 19, 2010
I didn't like this at all. I'm trying to eat healthier but find that most "healthy" recipes have no flavor. Sorry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.