Lemon Dill Walleye
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds walleye, cod, halibut or orange roughy fillets
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes. Add milk; stir in lemons and pepper. Top with fillets. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid, reserving lemons, onion and dill; serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 116 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 25, 2013
My husband is a batter loving fish guy. I tried this and he was hooked! Very impressed and with boiled new potatoes it was delish!
Jul 19, 2010
I didn't like this at all. I'm trying to eat healthier but find that most "healthy" recipes have no flavor. Sorry.