- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/4 pounds walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Dip both sides of fillets in flour mixture and eggs, then coat with potato flakes.
- In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon if desired.
1 serving: 566 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 326mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein.