This recipe combines my favorite things to eat: Toast, steak, bruschetta topping and delicious pancetta. It's looks so pretty on the plate! This five-ingredient appetizer is easy to prepare but will have everyone thinking you spent a long time in the kitchen. —Devon Delaney, Westport, Connecticut
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 diagonally cut French bread slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups prepared bruschetta topping
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 30-45 seconds on each side. Top with bruschetta topping, arugula, steak and pancetta. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Steak Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018