- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Chicken Cordon Bleu
"I make this a bit different. I do an egg wash to butterflied chicken breasts, then spread some Honey Mustard mixed with Mayo on top of the ham slice before I add the Swiss cheese. I then roll it up and pat on Panko breadcrumbs all over them, that I have added some garlic powder, onion powder and Parmesan cheese to. I drizzle melted butter on them before baking and I only bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. They are really awesome this way. Crispy, tender, moist, buttery, garlicky goodness. YUM!"
"everyone loved it"
"My family Loved this chicken."
"I had the butcher flatten my chicken breasts for me (he offered and I was very grateful! HA!) However, it seems to me that the chicken breasts have to be very thin as they were difficult to roll. I also would cook them longer next time. I added more spices to my breading and it was enjoyable. The flavor was great, just messy and difficult execution of rolling it all to get it to stay rolled without it sliding out before I got the toothpicks stuck in."