Hawaiian Bacon & Pineapple Breakfast Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 14 slices)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in cheeses, bacon, ham and pineapple. Gently stir in cubed rolls. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, sprinkling with onions halfway through baking. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 308 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 13, 2019
This is a great recipe I did cut it down by half and I did not have any mozzarella cheese so I upped the cheddar also I did not have any Hawaiian rolls so I used plain white bread. It did not come out soggy and everybody loved it sweet and savory. No overnight soak.
Oct 21, 2018
A very tasty combo, although the bread tends to be too soggy, even with plenty of bake time. In future I would likely use a pastry crust instead of bread chunks.