A juicy ham slice is just as tasty as a whole ham, and it's easier and faster to prepare. Plus, topped with golden pineapple sauce, this dish is so elegant on the table.
Recommended: 20 Cozy Winter Dump Dinners You Can Set and Go
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1 inch thick and 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground ginger
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ham in butter. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place pineapple over ham; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over ham and pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until ham is heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p24
Reviews forHam Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review