Ham ‘n’ Swiss Envelopes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add cheeses; cook 3-4 minutes or until melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 4 rectangles; seal perforations. Place 2 tablespoons ham mixture in the center of each rectangle. Starting with a short side, fold a third of the dough over filling. On the other short side, bring both corners together in the center to form a point. Fold over to resemble an envelope. Pinch seams to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 603 calories, 36g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1272mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 19, 2019
Super good for a fun time. I also replaced the swiss cheese for mozzarella
Feb 20, 2014
I made these the other night for a quick dinner. You can use reduced fat rolls and also cooking spray instead of canola oil. I used fat free cream cheese as well to cut some of the calories. To add some extra flavor I used a Chicken and Fish Seasoning from Penzeys called Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave which is a blend of salt, black pepper, garlic, lemon peel and onion.
Jan 23, 2013
This is one of my family's favorites.
Oct 1, 2011
Way too much fat.