Ham and Cheese Spread
For a quick and easy spread as an appetizer at your next party, try this recipe. Sever with a side of crackers and breads.—Lorna Graham, Carberry, Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes24 appetizer servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound boiled or leftover baked ham, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except 2 tablespoons parsley; cover and pulse until ham is minced. Do not over process. Roll into a ball; wrap in plastic and chill until firm.
- Roll cheese ball in remaining parsley. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 63 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Spread in Country Woman January/February 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.