- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 5 slices Swiss cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 5 onion slices
- 5 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill the patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes; turn and brush with the marmalade. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Grill buns cut side down on 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on buns with cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Turkey Burgers
"I thought these were really good. I put mayo on mine for a little extra moisture."
"This turkey burger is the best burger I've ever eaten. Forget the traditional hamburger. This burger tops any restaurant style burger any day of the week."
"We have these burgers about once a month, always great reviews from everyone (even the kids and die hard beef lovers). I substitute out the Swiss for provolone, and husband makes a fantastic aioli sauce to go over them as well, adding another layer of flavor."
"My favorite ground turkey recipe."
"These are awesome! My family loves them. I use Italian style breadcrumbs for more flavor."