Moist Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- Place onion and oil in a small skillet; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, mustard, pepper, salt and onion. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into two patties. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 20, 2019
Excellent. Moistest turkey burger recipe I’ve ever tried. Used torn bits of Thomas English Muffin for the soft bread crumbs
Jan 25, 2014
Cooked over the grill and wonderful flavor as well as moist!
Oct 14, 2012
This was by far the best turkey burger we ever ate. Used panko crumbs