Moist Turkey Burgers
"Although I've tried a number of turkey burgers, I always thought they were too dry," says Shirlea Ann Roman of Jamestown, New York. "Cooking the onion first before adding it to the patties makes these burgers moist and flavorful."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- Place onion and oil in a small skillet; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, mustard, pepper, salt and onion. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into two patties. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.