Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pound: 308 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
May 10, 2016
This recipe is amazing as is! Our family loves it!
Jul 19, 2014
I loved this recipe, I really enjoyed that parsley flavor. My favorite shrimp skewer recipe is definitely this Asian style shrimp and squid skewer: http://www.homedouxhogar.com/world-cuisine/2014/7/19/asian-style-shrimp-and-squid-skewers
May 7, 2013
Wee liked it because it wasn't too spicy. I might try it with cocktail sauce.
Oct 3, 2012
With a little bit of cayenne or some red chili peppers, this recipe would have 5 stars. Very good!
Aug 27, 2011
My husband now requests this regularly. He loves it paired with a grilled steak and it is so easy I don't have to save it for a special occasion.
Aug 22, 2010
Sounds good but have not made it as yet. My husband wants to give it a try.
May 26, 2010
Simple and easy. I added a few sprinkles of crushed red chile peppers, so the shrimp were very "tangy." I liked the extra "heat," but it would probably be suffiently spicy without the crushed peppers. I also skipped the skewers and just use a grilling basket. This recipe is certainly worth the try.