Skewerless Stovetop Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat in 1/4 cup salad dressing until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, cook peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepper and seasoned salt in remaining salad dressing until vegetables are tender. Return pork to skillet; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 236 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 1, 2017
Delicious, quick and easy--took longer to cut everything up than it did to cook it! I used boneless pork chops, red onion, and chopped up some of the big tomatoes from our garden. Hubby and I both loved it; I will definitely be making this again!
Aug 25, 2016
This really did taste like kabobs off the grill, but I think it would be even better with chicken instead of pork; I will make it that way next time. Overall, a good recipe.
Mar 21, 2016
Easy to make, though I left out the seasoned salt. I also had some leftover summer squash that I added in place of part of the zucchini (a tasty substitution). I served it with a side of wild rice, which was a nice complement. I'll make this again. Thanks!
Sep 10, 2015
Surprised me, it was very good, My husband really liked it. It was healthy and lots of flavor. Has the kabob taste. I did not measure the dressing thought about 3/4 to a cup of lite Italian. I made roasted potatoes I would do rice next time. It was a little saucy enough for rice.
Aug 10, 2015
Very good flavor and very simple. I cut everything up and marinated overnight.
Apr 6, 2014
Love this healthy dish--very tasty and easy to prepare. I agree that the tomatoes should be added at the very end.
Jun 2, 2010
Loved it! Super easy and very good
May 25, 2010
A nice, healthy, fresh summer meal! One serving (2 cups) was very filling. Next time I will add the tomatoes at the very end, though, so they aren't so mushy.