Grilled Italian Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted.
- Mix first nine burger ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Top with cheese; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on buns. Top with mushroom mixture.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 29, 2015
They held together well here but lacked Italian flavor. The sweetness was what we tasted more. The provolone is a good choice though. Wouldn't do again.
Jun 30, 2015
These burgers had great flavor, but I had a hard time keeping the patties together. They were falling apart while grilling. Also, only making 4 would have been too large a portion. I made into 5 burgers, but otherwise followed the recipe as provided.