I combined my favorite parts of a variety of salads to create this masterpiece. The warm baked cheese and crunchy croutons are wonderful complements to the crisp salad greens.—Deb Morris, Wevertown, New York
Recommended: What to Eat When It's Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut goat cheese into eight slices; brush both sides with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, cranberries, walnuts and bacon; transfer to a platter. Top with cheese and croutons. Serve with dressing of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Salad with Baked Goat Cheese in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p48