My husband would eat pork chops every day if he could. Luckily, they're good in all sorts of ways, including with pears. —Lynn Moretti, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe pears, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add wine, vinegar and honey; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chops to pan; top with pears. Transfer to oven; bake until pears are tender, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Smoked Chops with Pears in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016