VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe pears, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add wine, vinegar and honey; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chops to pan; top with pears. Transfer to oven; bake until pears are tender, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Smoked Chops with Pears in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016