Five-Spice Glazed Smoked Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 smoked bone-in pork chops (7-1/2 ounces each)
- For glaze, place first six ingredients in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook until bottoms are browned, 4-5 minutes. Turn chops; spoon glaze over top. Cook, uncovered, until chops are glazed and heated through, 3-4 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 363 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1345mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 27, 2018
I made this last night and was pleasantly surprised. Very quick (good thing I had already made the side dishes) and flavorful! I had regular pork chops, so I added smoke flavoring. Added 1/2 t of garlic powder and used ginger ale since I didn't have apple juice. O.M.G.!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.