Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 156 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
May 16, 2016
Sep 24, 2014
Very good....I used fresh pears
Nov 21, 2011
So simple and delicious! My daughter, our in house sweet tooth, passed up brownies to have seconds on these pears. Wonderful!
Jan 7, 2008
Yum, these are so good that I sometimes serve them for dessert.