Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Sprinkle with pears and red pepper.
- Top with stuffing and onions. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup stuffing mixture: 603 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2019
This is wonderful!
Nov 15, 2018
We have a pear tree in our backyard and I hate to waste any of them so this recipe was different AND good. And having stuffing instead of rice or potatoes was refreshing!
Jan 21, 2018
No leftovers! Flavors combine really well and were just a bit different from our typical pork chop recipes. Will make again soon.
Feb 25, 2017
This recipe has way too much sodium per serving for my family. I lowered the sodium 938 milligrams per serving by leaving out the 1/4t of salt called for in the recipe and by making my own cornbread and crumbling it. I don't add salt to my cornbread, use the easy recipe on the box and also use no-sodium baking powder.
Nov 6, 2016
I haven't made this but wonder if you could use regularl stuffing as I don't like cornbread?
Dec 14, 2012
This was easy and delicious, the whole family loved it! Will be making this over and over
Dec 11, 2012
I made this last night for dinner and it was delicious! It could easily be stretched to have 6 pork chops and still have enough stuffing.
May 8, 2012
Love this recipe and very tasty!
Apr 23, 2012
Easy and a hit with the whole family.
Apr 10, 2012
I tried this recipe the other day and it was a hit with the family! Everyone kept going back to the pan for more. This had a nice mix of flavor and texture and left us enough for a second meal.