Glazed Smoked Chops with Pears
My husband would eat pork chops every day if he could. Luckily, they're good all sorts of ways, including with pears. —Lynn Moretti, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 smoked boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe pears, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add wine, vinegar and honey; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chops to pan; top with pears. Transfer to oven; bake until pears are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 313 calories, 4g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Shiraz and Balsamic Glazed Smoked Chops and Pears in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.